Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Rolled noodle browned in butter and topped with bread crumbs.
Make and share this German Spaetzle recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 quarts water, boiling, salted
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat eggs into flour mixture.
- Add milk gradually to make a heavy dough.
- Put dough on a small board or plate; cut off small pieces with a knife.
- Drop dough pieces into rapidly boiling salted water.
- Boil 8 minutes or until spaetzle float to top.
- Remove spaetzle; put in a colander.
- Wash with cold water; drain.
- Saute in butter until golden.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.