Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love this recipe! Simple, but delicious! I learned to make it in school originally, but have tweaked the recipe to add more flavor and make it more authentic.
- Mix eggs, flour, and milk. Add seasonings to taste. (Batter will be pretty thick.).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Using a spaetzle maker or colander (or anything that has holes in it), push batter through the holes into boiling water.
- Spaetzle is ready when it floats. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain the water out.
- Add butter to a saucepan and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add spaetzle and saute. (Add onions and garlic for extra flavor.).
- Serve and enjoy!
I loved the taste of the spaetzle! However I chose to use a potato ricer to push the batter through which was a huge mistake. I either have to learn how to use the potato ricer better or find something better to use. This recipe is definitely going to be used once I can figure it out.
Made for PAC Fall 2012.