Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Comes from Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- In a skillet melt butter.
- Layer with sauerkraut, rice, onion and beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine water and tomato sauce; mix well. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and rice is tender (do not stir).
I was looking for something with ground beef and sauerkraut, when I came upon this recipe. It is delicious, and very easy to make. There were 4 of us for dinner, and only a very small amount was left. This is a keeper for my house. Thanks for posting it.