Recipe by Pesto lover
ZWT 6. I got this from Spoonfuls of Germany by Nadia Hassani. The use of brandy in this recipe is intriguing.
Top Review by Susie D
I am always on the lookout for quick recipes for lunch. This salad is a nice addition to my collection. The only change made was to add chopped green onion. I loved the shrimp, radish, mushroom combination, and thought the small amount of brandy did jazz up the dressing without overpowering things. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6.
- 1 lb shrimp, very small to tiny, peeled and cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, very finely chopped
- 6 medium white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 -6 red radishes, washed, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled & sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, washed and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Put shrimp into boiling water for 2 minutes, or just until they turn pink. Drain and place in an ice bath.
- Mix mayonnaise, ketchip & brandy. Season with salt & pepper.
- Drain shrimp well and mix with dill, mushrooms, radishes and egg.
- Fold mayonnaise mixture into shrimp mixture.
- Place salad greens on a large serving platter and arrange shrimp mixture on top.
- Serve immediately, with a good baguette.