1/1 Photo of German Scones (deep fried)
4 hrs 3 mins
The Scone's Note:
Deep fried scones like the kind in restaurants. Very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add the 1 tablespoon sugar, and set aside.
- 3Pour boiling water over the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the margarine, and salt.
- 4Add eggs, and stir well.
- 5Then add in the yeast mixture, and 2 cups of the flour.
- 6Beat with mixer until smooth.
- 7Add the rest of the flour (2 1/2 cups).
- 8Let rise for one hour, then refrigerate until cold.
- 9(Note: can be refigerated overnight) Roll out very thin (about 1/4-inch) on floured surface, and cut into 3-inch squares.
- 10Fry in hot oil until golden brown and puffy.
- 11Serve with butter and honey, or coated with granulated sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Scones (deep fried)
Serving Size: 1 (1319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1778.0
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 2975.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 274.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 41.6 g