Deep fried scones like the kind in restaurants. Very good.
Make and share this German Scones (deep fried) recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the 1 tablespoon sugar, and set aside.
- Pour boiling water over the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the margarine, and salt.
- Add eggs, and stir well.
- Then add in the yeast mixture, and 2 cups of the flour.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Add the rest of the flour (2 1/2 cups).
- Let rise for one hour, then refrigerate until cold.
- (Note: can be refigerated overnight) Roll out very thin (about 1/4-inch) on floured surface, and cut into 3-inch squares.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with butter and honey, or coated with granulated sugar.