Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is based on a dish my husband made for me... I, ehem, forced him to help me write it down because it was so good!
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 226.79 g bratwursts (your favorite sausage) or 226.79 g kielbasa (your favorite sausage)
- 4.92 ml olive oil (none needed for sausages with more fat)
- 14.79 ml Grey Poupon mustard
- 4.92 ml honey
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2.46 ml capers
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml cold water
- Put bouillon cube in hot water to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces.
- Heat pan to medium, add oil, then sausage.
- While cooking, turn pieces of meat so that sides are braised.
- Mix together now-dissolved water and bouillon, mustard, honey, wine, minced shallot, and capers.
- After meat is well-braised (about 7 to 10 minutes), raise the heat to medium high and add mixture to pan.
- Simmer for another 7 to 10 minutes, letting it reduce some.
- Mix together the corn starch and cold water, making sure it's not lumpy, and gradually add to the pan while stirring continuously.
- Let everything simmer together for another 5-7 minutes or to desired consistency, then serve immediately.
This is the recipe as my wife got it from me and it tastes great. I eat it with rice and she eats it with steamed greens. The sauce also tastes good on salmon.