Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from a Bed & Breakfast in Michigan They say guest are always asking for the recipe. Very easy to make.
- 1 (1 lb) package sage sausage
- 1 medium granny smith apple, grated
- 1 medium red onion, grated
- 2 cups packaged seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Mix sausage,apple, onion, seasoned stuffing mix and eggs in a large bowl until evenly blended; Place Mixture into 2 3-by-5 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- When ready to bake, sprinkle the tops generously with the parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes,until top is medium brown, (Can be covered with foil, so not to over brown),Slice to serve.
Wonderful change from plain meatloaf. I put the spices in the meat mixture not on top---yummy! I also baked it in one 9"x5" pan for 1 1/2 hours. Brushed the top with some apple butter when it had about 15 minutes left to cook. Cannot wait to try this as sandwiches.
This is easy to make. I used Jimmy Dean sausage and it turned out great. I left out all the spices and it was still yummy. This is a solid meatloaf that holds together well. I used a regular meatloaf pan and recipe made one loaf. Makes tasty meatloaf sandwiches next day. Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing.
Delish and so easy! I made a few changes by using 12 oz of sausage and about 12 oz of hamburg. I also used bread crumbs instead of the stuffing mix and added some fresh sage along with the other herbs. I also cooked this in a standard bread pan (9x5) so cooked it for 1 1/2 hours instead of the time listed. Can't wait to have the leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches! Thanks for sharing this keeper!