1/5 Photos of German Sausage Fry
Catte Nappe's Note:
DH took me to an Austrian themed restaurant and, as we perused the menu, the table next to us was served. He immediately said "I'll have what they are having!" Unfortunately they were having the last available servings of a house special. He was crushed. The "house" wasn't into sharing their recipe. Just based on "eye-balling" the dish I came up with this, which got the DH seal of approval. Serve with boiled new potatoes, steamed cabbage or spiced red cabbage. We like Baked Latkes #48494 and Dill Green Beans #7767 with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam sausages 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2While sausages cool enough to handle, saute onion chunks in oil until they soften.
- 3Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- 4Slice sausages into large chunks and add to frying pan.
- 5Saute until sausages begin to brown.
- 6Return onions to pan, add beer and mustard.
- 7Stir until mixture is warm.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Sausage Fry
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 477.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: