Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hearty, creamy, thick winter delight. Serve with pumpernickel bread. I make this vegan by using Bocca brats, soy milk and soy swiss cheese, and it's absolutely wonderful.
- In Dutch oven combine bratwurst, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper, and water.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover& simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are nearly tender.
- Stir in cabbage, cook 10 minutes more.
- Stir in 2-1/2 c of the milk.
- Stir remaining 1/2 c milk onto flour; stir into soup.
- Cook & stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.