Chef Jeff Garland's Note:
If you like chowders as much as I do you have to try this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bouillon cubes, onion, potatoes, and cabbage into a large soup pot. Pour in enough water to cover the vegetables by about 1 inch.
- 2Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 3Add the sausage, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese and evaporated milk.
- 5Cook just until heated through and cheese is melted - do not allow the soup to boil.
- 6Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Sausage Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.2
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 1198.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 29.6 g