Recipe by Chef Jeff Garland
If you like chowders as much as I do you have to try this one.
Top Review by misswhit
I have this exact same recipe and my fience and I love it. I tried the other 2 recipes that are on here and I have to say that it isn't the same with out the chicken bouillon. The only bad thing that I have to say about it is carefully follow the directions when adding the cheese because if you add it to hot or if it boils the cheese will resemble curtled milk. Just a little hint.
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bouillon cubes, onion, potatoes, and cabbage into a large soup pot. Pour in enough water to cover the vegetables by about 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese and evaporated milk.
- Cook just until heated through and cheese is melted - do not allow the soup to boil.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately.