Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nobody does sausages like the Germans, so try this sausage salad for an authentic taste of Germany. From delicious magazine.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes, halved
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 12 ounces frankfurters, sliced on the diagonal (or bockwurst or knackwurst)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. When boiling, add the stock cubes and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool in cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, fry the frankfurters in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make the dressing for the salad. Mix all the ingredients together. Pop the potatoes into a bowl, add the scallions, frankfurters and mix with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chopped chives to serve.