Nobody does sausages like the Germans, so try this sausage salad for an authentic taste of Germany. From delicious magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 lbs new potatoes, halved
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 12 ounces frankfurters, sliced on the diagonal (or bockwurst or knackwurst)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the dressing
- 1Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. When boiling, add the stock cubes and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool in cold water. Drain again.
- 2Meanwhile, fry the frankfurters in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3Make the dressing for the salad. Mix all the ingredients together. Pop the potatoes into a bowl, add the scallions, frankfurters and mix with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chopped chives to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Sausage and New Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 1108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard