Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Taste of Home... the OTHER sauerbraten stew with pork and gingersnaps! looks yummy!!
- 2 lbs boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-in slices
- 1 cup green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 16 cookies)
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown pork in oil.
- Add the next 10 ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir in gingersnap crumbs; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until stew is thickened and pork is tender.