- 1 cup soft butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lrg bowl cream butter and blend sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Sift flour, sift again with baking powder. Slowly add the dry mixture to the batter.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour batter into a well buttered mold 2 1/2 quart or 9 inch tube pan.
- Bake 350 for 70 minutes Check after first hour.
- Sprinkle cooled cake with powdered sugar.