Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This sounds great. I always love new recipes for my ABM! This is posted for ZWT. Source: razzle dazzle recipes
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups rye flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- Put the ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Mine is liquids first.
- Select cycle and press start!
- Works well on a whole wheat cycle.
I made as posted. Love the color but mine also fell and that is the reason why I am not going to take a picture. I got about 3 nice slices off of one end. I did set the crust to LIGHT hoping that would help it not collapse. It is very dense which is fine but think it is a bit bitter. I think the recipe is probably supposed to be a two pound loaf and next time would try two changes-increase the molasses to 1/4 cup and decrease the yeast to 2 1/4 teaspoons. Danke ~SarahBeth~ for sharing. Made for ZWT#6.
This was a perfect Rye bread. Nice and dense. It didn't rise a whole lot, but I think that was part of it's goodness! Made for ZWT 6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies!
This is a very good bread recipe. I followed the directions exactly as written. It made a rather small loaf but the aroma was great as it baked and the taste and texture are spot on. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.