Adapted from the classic "Back vergnuegen wie noch nie, " which I have translated into English from the German. Prep time includes a 30 minute soak for the raisins. Cook time is per batch. Look for approx American cup measurements at the bottom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak raisins in a bowl with brandy for 30 minutes, covered.
- 2Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Using a mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- 4Add sugar, vanilla sugar and the eggs and beat until thick & creamy.
- 5In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and the spices.
- 6Stir lemon zest into the flour mixture.
- 7Gently fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture using a wooden spoon, being carefully not to overmix.
- 8Drain raisins and fold them into the batter.
- 9Using two spoons, scoop the dough into blobs the size of a cherry and place on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- 10Bake at 200 C/400F for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 11Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 12IF USING AMERICAN MEASURING CUPS: use about 1 1/2 cups of raisins,1 stick butter,1/2 cup sugar,1 tsp vanilla sugar, about 2 2/3 cups flour.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Rosinenbroetchen (German Brandy Soaked Raisin Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 80
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: