Recipe by Mille®
posted by request
Top Review by FloridaGrl
Thank you so much for posting this AMAZING soup, Mille!! I had been making this for my Dad while he was suffering from cancer(nothing else tasted good to him), and when we moved I somehow lost the recipe. My husband was always asking me what happened to that good soup you used to make you Dad? And now I can make it for him! Thanks!!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb turnip, peeled and grated
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts,sliced and washed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups riesling wine
- 2 cups beef or 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a soup pot; add the turnips, leeks, and onion, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook the vegetables over medium heat until soft and tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure they do not brown.
- Add the wine to the vegetables and simmer over medium heat to reduce by about one half- this will take about 10 minutes.
- In a blender, process the soup to a coarsely-textured puree.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the broth, and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the cream and continue to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes more to thicken slightly.
- Serve the soup in warmed bowls with a sprinkling of parsley on top.