I went with my parents to dinner at a German Club Restaurant called the Maennerchor, in Columbus, Ohio. I was in my teens and everything on the menu looked totally strange to me at that age. I found a steak on the menu, don't remember what they called it, and decided to order that, despite the fact that I didn't like steak. Well am I glad I ordered this steak because I loved it and this is the only way I eat steak to this day. This is my copy of this restaurants dish.
- Season steak with salt, pepper and seasoned salt to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add sliced onion. Cook on medium low heat, cook until onions become tender and lightly browned. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook steak on the grill until it reaches your desired liking.
- Add sourcream to the onions and stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the top of the grilled steak.
- Variation: You could add mushrooms with onions during the saute. This restaurant did not to my recollection, but that would also be yummy.