Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I went with my parents to dinner at a German Club Restaurant called the Maennerchor, in Columbus, Ohio. I was in my teens and everything on the menu looked totally strange to me at that age. I found a steak on the menu, don't remember what they called it, and decided to order that, despite the fact that I didn't like steak. Well am I glad I ordered this steak because I loved it and this is the only way I eat steak to this day. This is my copy of this restaurants dish.
- Season steak with salt, pepper and seasoned salt to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add sliced onion. Cook on medium low heat, cook until onions become tender and lightly browned. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook steak on the grill until it reaches your desired liking.
- Add sourcream to the onions and stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the top of the grilled steak.
- Variation: You could add mushrooms with onions during the saute. This restaurant did not to my recollection, but that would also be yummy.
Good recipe! Different way to make steak and they came out wonderfully. Very tender and flavorful, this recipe is a keeper!! ZWT6
This dish turned out really delicious from very simple ingredients. My whole family loved this steak and the yummy sauce was a perfect compliment. Thanks for sharing this! Made for ZWT 6 Queens of Quisine.
I really enjoyed this as part of tonight's meal. I went with a low fat yogurt instead of the sour cream and it still worked well. Made for ZWT4.