This recipe can be used as a breakfast/brunch or a dessert. It certainly looks very impressive. This was taken from the newlywed cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 425.
- 2split the vanilla bean pod and scrap out the insides with a knife.
- 3in a saucepan add vanilla innards, pod, rhubarb, the 3/4 cup sugar, water,
- 4cook over low heat 20 minutes.
- 5stir in 2 tablespoons butter and lemon juice.
- 6remove vanilla pod.
- 7Combine eggs, half and half, flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender.
- 8divide 6 tablepoons butter and melt.
- 9add to 2 oven safe skillets.
- 10pour batter into skillets.
- 11bake 20 minutes.
- 12serve rhubarb compote over tops of pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Puffed Pancakes With Rhubarb Compote
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 258.2 mg
- Sodium 88.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 44.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: