Recipe by GingerlyJ
This recipe can be used as a breakfast/brunch or a dessert. It certainly looks very impressive. This was taken from the newlywed cookbook
- 1 large vanilla bean
- 2 stalks rhubarb, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425.
- split the vanilla bean pod and scrap out the insides with a knife.
- in a saucepan add vanilla innards, pod, rhubarb, the 3/4 cup sugar, water,
- cook over low heat 20 minutes.
- stir in 2 tablespoons butter and lemon juice.
- remove vanilla pod.
- Combine eggs, half and half, flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender.
- divide 6 tablepoons butter and melt.
- add to 2 oven safe skillets.
- pour batter into skillets.
- bake 20 minutes.
- serve rhubarb compote over tops of pancakes.