Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been making this for years. It is easy and so good ! The only problem I have is that now when my family comes home I have to use 2 cast iron pans and with more Grandchildren arriving, I will soon be doing three !! This recipe will be used for many years to come.
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 granny smith apples
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pre-heat oven to 450.
- beat eggs,milk,flour and salt, and baking powder.add 1/2 cup peeled sliced apples.
- melt 2 tbs butter in 10 inch cast iron skillet until hot.do not burn butter !
- add egg mixture and place in pre-heated oven. Bake 15 minutes. Peel and slice remaining apples in large bowl and dust with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- melt 1/2 stick butter in large fry pan, add sugar,when mixture bubbles,stir in apples and cook until buzzer goes off.Turn oven temp to 350 add apples to puffed pancake and cook for 10 minutes. Yummy ! Serve with maple syrup.
Simple and easy to do and yummy to eat. I served mine with cream and maple syrup !! Great way to use apples and I am sure would be good with pears too !