Recipe by Sharon123
Kartoffelgemüse mit Erbsen, Mohrrüben und Mais in German. Potatoes accompany many German meals. You’ll often find a side of carrots and peas in a creamy sauce on your plate as well. It makes a very tasty combination together with potatoes. So it ‘s not surprising that someone thought of a recipe that combines both of these sides in one dish. Not only is it tasty but it is also easy to make and you’ll only end up with only one dirty pan. As a little bonus, you’ll also find some corn added to this dish. I've changed the dish to use vegetable broth instead of water to give more flavor but it's good with the water too.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Sharon, we really enjoyed this, served alongside roasted zucchini and some pork sausages for DH! Lots of leftovers, which made him very happy, good lunches to look forward to! A good vegetable dish, hearty and comforting, ideal for our current winter weather. Thank you, made and enjoyed for I Recommend tag game
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (or cold water-350 ml)
- 2 1⁄4 lbs potatoes (1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons butter (use vegan butter to make this a vegan dish)
- 14 ounces carrots (400 gr)
- 7 ounces frozen peas (200 gr)
- 7 ounces frozen corn (200 gr)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the flour and the broth (or cold water) to mason jar or any other jar with a lid. Shake it well to combine the flour and water. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and rinse them. Cut them lengthwise in half and then crosswise. Heat a large frying pan and melt the butter. Add the potatoes and let them cook in the butter on medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then reduce the heat and let them cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- In the meantime, cut the carrots into 1/4" (1 cm) thick slices. Add the carrots to the potatoes and let them cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, occasionally stirring.
- Shake the flour mix again and add it to the frying pan along with the peas and corn. Stir everything well and bring it to a boil. Then let it simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the parsley.
- Guten Appetit!