Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great side dish.
Make and share this German Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Pat potatoes dry with kitchen towels.
- Pour oil into heavy deep skillet to depth of 3/4-inch.
- Heat over medium-high heat until thermometer registers 375ºF.
- Working in batches, add potatoes to skillet; cook until light golden, about 15 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to paper towels; cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and paprika and saute until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and keep at room temperature).
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with sauteed onions over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and saute until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on heavy large baking sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are cooked through and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Super yummy! Made using heaping spoon of paprika and would not change a thing. A wonderful potato dish for breakfast or dinner. Have always loved potato and onions together but the addition of paprika is just outstanding. Will make again. Thanks so much for the post.
WOWZA!!!! Delicious! These will please the most pickiest of eaters. Mine came out crispy and flavorful and we were eating them by the handfuls before we even sat down to dinner. Thanks lazyme! Made for ZWT 6 by a fellow Unruly.
Very nice recipe. Potatoes and onions have been a favorite of mine since childhood but the addition of paprika is new to me. It adds a great smoky flavor. I cooked these spuds and onions in my cast iron skillet and then popped it directly in the oven to finish roasting while I prepared the rest of dinner. Thanks for the new variation of a great classic!