1/6 Photos of German Potatoes
A great side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Rinse with cold water.
- 4Pat potatoes dry with kitchen towels.
- 5Pour oil into heavy deep skillet to depth of 3/4-inch.
- 6Heat over medium-high heat until thermometer registers 375ºF.
- 7Working in batches, add potatoes to skillet; cook until light golden, about 15 minutes.
- 8Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to paper towels; cool.
- 9Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Add onions and paprika and saute until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and keep at room temperature).
- 11Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 12Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with sauteed onions over medium-high heat.
- 13Add potatoes and saute until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 14Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Spread mixture on heavy large baking sheet.
- 16Bake until potatoes are cooked through and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g