Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Hands-down the easiest potato soup recipe ever! This German potato soup is hearty and provides the perfect warm-up. It also freezes well, so make a double batch to have on hand for that Sunday dinner when you don’t feel like cooking.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, defrosted
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 5 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, place sausage, potatoes, sauerkraut and mustard. Pour chicken broth over all and gently stir. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours (or 2 to 4 hours on high-heat setting).