This soup is always a big hit at family gatherings. It was my favorite at a local restaurant. I don't have their recipe but this is my own concoction that comes very close. Excellent with hot homemade rolls on a beautiful fall day.
- Boil the ham bone and the bay leaves in approximately 3 quarts of water for one hour.
- If your broth boils down too much you may need to add extra water.
- Remove and cut the meat into chunks after your rich broth is made.
- Add ham, onion, celery, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, cabbage and parsley to the broth.
- Cook until veggies are done.