Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from the MDC cookbook.
- 10 -12 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 cups buttermilk
- 2 medium onions
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon summer savory
- Peel, wash and cube potatoes.
- Add chopped onions and savoury.
- Add just enough water to almost cover the potatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat. Let cool a few minutes.
- Add cream and buttermilk. Return to medium low heat.
- Slightly thicken soup with flour and water mixture.