Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Weight Watcher's cookbook. 3 points per 1.5 cup serving. Have not tried this yet. Cooking time does not include time needed to cool potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 slice bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, and bacon; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the apple juice, vinegar, and flour; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 4 minutes; stir in the salt and pepper. Drizzle over the vegetables, toss to coit, and serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this. Not used to green peppers in my German potato salad but it was good. This is easy to prepare and the sauce thickens up nicely. This has a nice tangy flavor. Thanks for posting. Made for "My 3 Chefs" Fall 2008