Recipe by pamela t.
From Taste of Home. I love crock pot recipes. This one's a winner! My family raved about it. Leftovers are very flavorful. Cooking time is time in the crock pot. Easy! Not really a salad at all, but a HUGE one dish meal. You'll be more than satisfied with this one.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
We had this for supper last night while we watched the game. It is great, I liked the sauerkraut my husband didn't, but he just went around it, plenty of other stuff to eat in this dish. I agree this is more than a salad it is full meal in itself.
- 8 slice bacon, strips cut up
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 453.59 g smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 907.18 g medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 283.49 g can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 236.59 ml sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. remove and drain.
- Saute onion in the drippings for one minute.
- Add sausage, cook until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes, cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain. Transfer to a 3 quart slow cooder.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 hours on low until potatoes are tender.