Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Taste of Home. I love crock pot recipes. This one's a winner! My family raved about it. Leftovers are very flavorful. Cooking time is time in the crock pot. Easy! Not really a salad at all, but a HUGE one dish meal. You'll be more than satisfied with this one.
- 8 slices bacon, strips cut up
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 lbs medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. remove and drain.
- Saute onion in the drippings for one minute.
- Add sausage, cook until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes, cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain. Transfer to a 3 quart slow cooder.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 hours on low until potatoes are tender.
We had this for supper last night while we watched the game. It is great, I liked the sauerkraut my husband didn't, but he just went around it, plenty of other stuff to eat in this dish. I agree this is more than a salad it is full meal in itself.
This is a wonderful dish. I took it to a family potluck. got so many compliments and requests for the recipe. I will certainly make this again. Yummy!
This is not a salad!! It is delish. This is comfort food the flavors are perfect. I made as written. turned out great. I may use less bacon next time. My whole family loved it!!!