A neat vegetarian dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs Red Bliss potatoes or 3 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar (if using unseasoned, add 1/2 tsp sugar)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked Spanish preferred)
- 1In a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat, add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- 2Drain the potatoes in a colander and peel while they are as hot as you can handle.
- 3Cut one-third of them into 1/2 -inch-thick slices directly into a large resealable food storage container.
- 4Drizzle one-third of the oil over them, then one-third of the vinegar.
- 5Top the potatoes with one-third each of the onions, salt, pepper and parsley, in that order. Repeat the process twice.
- 6Sprinkle the salad with the paprika.
- 7Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate at least overnight.
- 8Turn the container over for several hours so the juices permeate the potatoes.
- 9When ready to serve, bring the potato salad to room temperature and serve with a slotted spoon.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato Salad (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.1
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 658.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar