A great summer salad recipe - perfect for a bbq. By Roz Denny, Modern German Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb potato, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup hot chicken stock or 1/2 cup hot beef stock
- 5 -6 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons german vinegar
- 1 teaspoon German mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 large dill pickle
- 5 ounces cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 10 -12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- black pepper
- 1Cut the potatoes into large cubes and boil in salted water until tender. Drain and pour the hot stock over them. Leave until cool, by which time they should have absorbed the stock.
- 2Whisk the oil with the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 3Halve the cucumber lengthways, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon and dice the flesh into cubes. Chop the pickle to the same size.
- 4Mix the cooked bacon, cucumber, pickle, onions, chives and dressing into the cooled potatoes. Gently mix in the tomatoes and set aside in the fridge for an hour or two. Check the seasoning and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato Salad (Kartoffelsalat)
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 831.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: