Recipe by evelyn/athens
A great summer salad recipe - perfect for a bbq. By Roz Denny, Modern German Cooking.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I didn't have any problem with the ingredient amounts, although all the chicken stock didn't get absorbed (most did, but not all), but that was no problem! I really enjoyed this change from my own version ~ Very tasty with the addition of chicken stock, dill pickle AND bacon! Definitely something to enjoy again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while on the World Tour 4 traveling through Germany]
- 1 lb potato, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup hot chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup hot beef stock
- 5 -6 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons german vinegar
- 1 teaspoon German mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cucumber
- 1 large dill pickle
- 5 ounces cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 10 -12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into large cubes and boil in salted water until tender. Drain and pour the hot stock over them. Leave until cool, by which time they should have absorbed the stock.
- Whisk the oil with the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Halve the cucumber lengthways, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon and dice the flesh into cubes. Chop the pickle to the same size.
- Mix the cooked bacon, cucumber, pickle, onions, chives and dressing into the cooled potatoes. Gently mix in the tomatoes and set aside in the fridge for an hour or two. Check the seasoning and serve.