1/3 Photos of German Potato Salad
Jana Steinhagen's Note:
Potato Salad is made differently everywhere, this is how we make it in northern Germany, however I believe it has some russian influence in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 new potatoes, cooked in their skin then peeled and cut any old way
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 100 g smoked sausage, cut into strips (leave this out if you dont want meat)
- 1 large gherkin, cut into halfmoons
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut into 8 wedges
- 4.92 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml capers
- 59.16 ml mayonnaise
- 59.16 ml brine, from the guerkins
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard, mustartd
- white pepper
- sea salt
- 1Mix the mayonnaise, brine and mustard in a bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 2Add the potatos, sausage,egg, guerkins, parsley and capers and stir gently.
- 3Right now it will look like the sauce is to thin, but after leaving the Salad to sit for at least 4 hours in the fridge, it will be just perfect.
- 4It is best if the potatos are still warm, it will help them soak up the dressing and become yummy scrummy.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 897.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: