Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Potato Salad is made differently everywhere, this is how we make it in northern Germany, however I believe it has some russian influence in it.
- 6 new potatoes, cooked in their skin then peeled and cut any old way
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 100 g smoked sausage, cut into strips (leave this out if you dont want meat)
- 1 large gherkin, cut into halfmoons
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut into 8 wedges
- 4.92 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml capers
- 59.16 ml mayonnaise
- 59.16 ml brine, from the guerkins
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard, mustartd
- white pepper
- sea salt
- Mix the mayonnaise, brine and mustard in a bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatos, sausage,egg, guerkins, parsley and capers and stir gently.
- Right now it will look like the sauce is to thin, but after leaving the Salad to sit for at least 4 hours in the fridge, it will be just perfect.
- It is best if the potatos are still warm, it will help them soak up the dressing and become yummy scrummy.
I was surprised how well DH liked this salad...he normally doesn't care for potato salad if it has mayonnaise in it...but there is so little of it that I don't think he even noticed. This is easy to prepare...you just need to keep an eye on the potatoes because you don't want them to turn into mush...I omitted the meat and did us dried parsley only because I didn't have fresh available. The recipe didn't say when to add the onion so I threw them in during step 2. This is a keeper...Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2011