Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is classic salad with a great new twist! The goat cheese adds a unique flavor with a creamy texture. Great for summer grilling and BBQ's!
- Place the potatoes in a medium-size pot and cover them with enough water to extend 2 inches above the surface of the potatoes. Salt the water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Set aside in a warm place.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once crisp, place on a paper towel-lined plate
- Pour off the rendered fat, reserving 1/4 cup in the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the onion. Cook until translucent about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt and stir until thick and bubbly. Add the diced, cooked potatoes and toss to coat.
- Top with crumbled Chavrie® Goat Log, bacon and garnish with the chives.
- Serve warm.
I made this with Feta and baby red potatoes. Delicious!
GREAT! I made it just as she written except for no bacon grease (vegetarian in the house) but added crumbled bacon at the end. VERY very good. Thanks for posting!
What a fantastic dish! I couldn't find the goat cheese, but it was still scrumptious without. My finicky son who "doesn't like potato salad" ate enough to fill a cereal bowl! Thanks for sharing, we'll add this delicious dish to our summer repertoire.