Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy potato salad to prepare. The dressing is poured over hot, sliced potatoes to allow the seasonings to penetrate before the starches in the potato cool and set.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Steam the potatoes by arranging them in a single layer in a steamer basket over rapidly boiling water. Cover and cook until they are tender, about 15 minutes. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Combine potatoes with onions in a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile heat the broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add vinegar to the broth and pour over potatoes; stir. Allow potatoes to cool, stirring occasionally. Once cool, pour off any remaining broth that hasn't been absorbed by the potatoes. Season to taste with salt.
- Combine the mustard, parsley, chives and oil and stir or shake vigorously (in a small jar) to make a smooth mixture. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and stir gently to coat well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made this for my daughters outdoor bbq birthday party. i used little red potatoes halved & tripled the recipe. There was very little left over!! This is easy to make, very delicious & kept well for all of 1 day, lol. A definite keeper. Made for German Tag 4/12.