1/1 Photo of German Potato Salad
Last Spring, I ate at The Beach House on Grand Island, NY. They served the best German Potato salad I've ever eaten. This recipe is a combination of several from Zaar, tweeked to my own tastes, and reduced to feed 2 with left overs and comes pretty close to what The Beach House served. If you are looking for a heart healthy and waistline friendly recipe, this is definately NOT it, so plan ahead!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes, let cool, peel, and slice.
- 2Chop the bacon and saute until nearly cooked.
- 3Reducing the heat, saute the onions until translucent.
- 4Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, mustard seed, tobasco, and celery seed.
- 5Whisk the flour into the stock, add to pan, and bring to a boil.
- 6Taste mixture and adjust the sugar and/or vinegar as necessary.
- 7Add potatoes and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 202.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g