1/1 Photo of German Potato Salad
The only way to make it!...tastes just like Grandma's! Can be made ahead and kept warm in the crockpot....so yummy:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes 10-15 minutes. Drain while making sauce.
- 2Fry bacon until crisp, drain and crumble. Set aside.
- 3Fry onion until slightly done in bacon grease.
- 4Add water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and add 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in a small amount of water.(this will thicken the sauce -- a must!).
- 5Add the butter and stir until melted.
- 6Peel and slice warm potatoes and add to sauce.
- 7Stir in bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.9
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 1236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g