Recipe by busymommybee
The only way to make it!...tastes just like Grandma's! Can be made ahead and kept warm in the crockpot....so yummy:)
Top Review by Meg Dolan
I also wanted to mention that this is a Gluten Free recipe which is why I chose it over the other options. Using corn starch to thicken it rather than flour means I can share it with my mom who has celiac's disease. Thanks!
- 15 small potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion
- 12 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes 10-15 minutes. Drain while making sauce.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain and crumble. Set aside.
- Fry onion until slightly done in bacon grease.
- Add water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and add 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in a small amount of water.(this will thicken the sauce -- a must!).
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Peel and slice warm potatoes and add to sauce.
- Stir in bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.