Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of "Yahoo Foods". Times are approximate!
- 907.18 g potatoes
- 4 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 22.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 78.07 ml water
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 78.07 ml finely chopped green onion
- 3.69 ml salt
- ground pepper
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, but not soft. Drain potatoes. Cut them in half and then in slices.
- Fry the bacon. When crisp, drain on paper towels. Keep the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan. Cook until translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour, sugar, and mustard powder over the onions. Stir and cook a few minutes more.
- Add the water and vinegar and cook, stirring for several more minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Add back the potatoes and stir to coat and lightly reheat.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste. To serve, garnish with the minced green onion.
- Serve warm!