Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of "Yahoo Foods". Times are approximate!
Make and share this German Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, but not soft. Drain potatoes. Cut them in half and then in slices.
- Fry the bacon. When crisp, drain on paper towels. Keep the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan. Cook until translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour, sugar, and mustard powder over the onions. Stir and cook a few minutes more.
- Add the water and vinegar and cook, stirring for several more minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Add back the potatoes and stir to coat and lightly reheat.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste. To serve, garnish with the minced green onion.
- Serve warm!