Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
We make this for our annual Kentucky Derby party. From House & Garden, February 1957, credited to Eloise Davison.
- 8 slice bacon
- 44.37 ml flour
- 19.71 ml onions, chopped
- 158.51 ml vinegar
- 158.51 ml water
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml dry mustard, powdered
- 2.46 ml rosemary, crumbled whole
- 1892.0 ml potatoes, cooked and diced
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, drain and crumble.
- Add flour and onion to the bacon fat left in the pan. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar, salt and spices. Cook only until mixture is of medium thickness.
- Add to potatoes, parsley and crumbled bacon. Mix carefully to prevent mashing the potatoes.
LOVED IT. I made this last night for a Teacher appreciation luncheon at my daughter's school. It came out wonderful. I used apple cider vinegar and it was really tangy and sweet. I also used about 15 slces of bacon because my philosophy is the more pork the better. This is a great recipe it can be served hot or cold. I will definately make this again. Thanks a million!