Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Potato salad with a *zing*. This goes well as a side dish for Spicy Fried Pollock (Recipezaar #203255), along with frozen peas & carrots.
- 4 medium gold potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves (pinch the leaves to bring up the flavor)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- Cut potatoes into halves, then dice halves into rectangle strips (a french fry cutter works well for this).
- Rinse cut potatoes with cold water, then boil just until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well and set potatoes aside to cool, about 20 minutes. (Do not cool in refrigerator).
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and vinegar. Stir in seasonings, then relish.
- Gently toss cooked potatoes into the mayonnaise sauce, continuing to toss lightly until all potato pieces are coated.
- Allow to rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
My husband loved this potato salad and he usually doesn't eat it. I really liked the use of taragon and sage. This salad is especially good the next day when the flavors have soaked into the potatoes.
This one deserves 4 stars for taste plus an extra star because it is so quick and easy to make. I will make it again. Thanks for this different recipe for German Potato Salad! This made an easy dinner with bratwurst, mustard, and Kuhne brand pickled red cabbage.