Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is an oldy but a goody. Got this from my grandmother. Always reminds me of her.
Top Review by Julesong
This is a nice, simple German-American style potato salad that tastes just like I expected it to. :) This style of potato salad is nice and vinegar-y, and it reminds me of my childhood and church potlucks (where you could choose from several different family recipes of potato salads all in one sitting). Dill pickle is a nice addition. Although I usually prefer my mom's recipe (cold and with mayo, etc), this recipe is a nice change now and then. Thanks, Friedel!
- 5 strip bacon
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml cider vinegar
- 314.66 ml water
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1419.54 ml sliced cooked peeled potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, blend well.
- Add vinegar and water; cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes.
- Serve warm.