Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is an oldy but a goody. Got this from my grandmother. Always reminds me of her.
Top Review by Julesong
This is a nice, simple German-American style potato salad that tastes just like I expected it to. :) This style of potato salad is nice and vinegar-y, and it reminds me of my childhood and church potlucks (where you could choose from several different family recipes of potato salads all in one sitting). Dill pickle is a nice addition. Although I usually prefer my mom's recipe (cold and with mayo, etc), this recipe is a nice change now and then. Thanks, Friedel!
- 5 strips bacon
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, blend well.
- Add vinegar and water; cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes.
- Serve warm.