Prep 4 hrs
Cook 25 mins
I love Potato Dumplings and have so far always used the stuff from a packet. But I cant buy that anywhere in the UK, so I had to make my own. After many trials and failures these finally worked and were lovely!
- Cook the potatos in their skins for 30 minutes and leave to cool in the refrigerator for several hours.
- then peel the potatos and mash them.
- mix the eggs into the flours and add the mashed potatos, season with salt and nutmeg.
- kneed into a dough.
- the dough should be quite dry otherwise the dumplings will fall apart when cooked.
- shape the dough on a floured surface with floured hands into a roll and cut into 8.
- make them into balls.
- drop the dumplings into boiling salted water and simmer the dumplings for 20 odd minutes.