1/1 Photo of German Potato Dumplings
4 hrs 25 mins
Jana Steinhagen's Note:
I love Potato Dumplings and have so far always used the stuff from a packet. But I cant buy that anywhere in the UK, so I had to make my own. After many trials and failures these finally worked and were lovely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatos in their skins for 30 minutes and leave to cool in the refrigerator for several hours.
- 2then peel the potatos and mash them.
- 3mix the eggs into the flours and add the mashed potatos, season with salt and nutmeg.
- 4kneed into a dough.
- 5the dough should be quite dry otherwise the dumplings will fall apart when cooked.
- 6shape the dough on a floured surface with floured hands into a roll and cut into 8.
- 7make them into balls.
- 8drop the dumplings into boiling salted water and simmer the dumplings for 20 odd minutes.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 142.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 16.3 g