We have this for a little change in side dishes. It also is a good recipe to make use of stale bread or rolls and left over potatoes. These are quick and easy to make. Really good with gravy from a roast or stew. Try them I'm sure you'll like them. My kids always make sure I don't have any left-overs.
- Soak buns in bowl of water for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile rice or grate potato using the fine grater into a medium bowl.
- Squeeze all the water out of the soaked rolls and add to the grated potato.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and using hands, mix together.
- If dough is really sticky add a little more flour.
- Wet your hands and form balls about 2 1/2 “ in diameter.
- Drop dumplings in a large pot of boiling water.
- Once dumplings have floated to the top of the water let cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pot with slotted spoon.
- Added Note:.
- You might want to make extra.
- These freeze very well.
- Left overs are a great accompaniment to roast beef or pork ,just slice little less than 1/2 inch thick slices and brown in butter.