Top Review by coffee31807
Fantastic! Can't think of anything else to call it. Tried it as posted and my wife and I enjoyed it. Will be making again, next time I might try adding some broccoli or turkey bacon to see if things can get any better. Thanks for posting.
- 4 cups water
- 20 ounces chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small (large)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb processed cheese (Kraft)
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and prepare vegetables.
- In a large cooking pot, add water, chicken broth, chicken soup base, black pepper, carrots, potatoes, onions and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stirring occasionally.
- Add celery, sweet red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes more. Gradually add mayonnaise to hot soup, whisking until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium and add processed cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and soup is creamy; stirring constantly.
- Add instant mashed potatoes and stir well.
- Let soup sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- This soup is very rich, but good.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
- Serves 12