1/2 Photos of German Potato and Sausage Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
This is right up our alley, and I'll be making it tomorrow. Our daughter will not be happy, but alas, she can always eat something else! I will only drain the saurkraut, and not rinse it, as we love the taste. I used fat-free half-and-half. Yummy! From Pillsbury's "C'mon Over!" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) bag o'brien frozen potatoes, with peppers and onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb kielbasa (I use turkey lielbasa for less fat.) or 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into 6 pieces (I use turkey lielbasa for less fat.)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Spray 9X13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In baking dish mix potatoes and sauerkraut.
- 2In medium bowl, mix soup and half-and-half. Stir soup mixture into potato mixture; mix well. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3Bake 20 minutes. Arrange sausage pieces over potato mixture, pressing lightly into mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Potato and Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 1454.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g