Top Review by faith58
I tried this as it was on the zaar random draw tag game and Oh my what a winner.. Everyone loved this and I loved the fact that I had dumplings that didn't take all day to make :) The only thing I did was at the beginning I used one cup of water and two cans of beef broth, gave it a wonderful taste. Then after a couple hours I added another cup of water and 4 beef cubes.. This was absolutely one of the best roast recipe's I have tried. Thanks Michele for a wonderful recipe that will be used again and again.. 5 plus stars for this recipe. faith58
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons fat (I used Crisco)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in hot fat.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, and add water, onions, and celery.
- Cook slowly on top of stove until meat is tender, about 3-4 hours.
- If liquid cooks away, add more water.
- This needs plenty of broth.
- Mix flour, oil, salt, sugar, and enough water sufficient to form a nice ball of dough.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick; cut in squares and drop into boiling broth.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes.