Recipe by Sandy One
I love the sweetness of the applesauce and the kraut. My grandma was German. You can easily increase the recipe by adding more ingredients. I add baby red potatoes while cooking. Slow cook to roast
Top Review by Merlot
I made this last night and really liked the addition of the apple sauce. It added just the right about of sweetness to it. Thank for sharing. I've added this recipe to my "keeper" list. :-)
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can German-style sweet sauerkraut
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, cook ribs and onion till ribs are browned and onion is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake in oven 350 deg for 1 1/2-2hrs or until ribs tender, or place in Nesco or crock pot and cook on low 8 hours.