1/1 Photo of German Pfeffernusse Cookies - Gluten Free
A traditional German cookie for Christmas..or any time of the year. Commonly served with wine. Should make 30 to 40 biscuits. If not using a blended flour with xanthan or guar gums added- then add one teaspoon of gum with your flour to the recipe. These biscuits remind me of a ginger snap cookie from Arnotts (or at least what I remember them tasting like!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C Line baking trays with greaseproof or baking paper.
- 2Mix all ingredients in an electric mixer on a medium speed, until roughly mixed. Do not overbeat.
- 3Using a spatula then,scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until well combined.
- 4Leaving the mixture in the bowl, knead with your hands (gloved if you wish!) until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
- 5Roll mixture into balls, about the size of walnuts.
- 6Place on baking sheets about 1/2 inch/ 1 cm apart. Bake for about 10 minutes at 190°C.
- 7Allow the biscuits to cool completely on the trays. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Pfeffernusse Cookies - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: