You may prepare whole fish or fillets this way. From "The German Cookbook" by Mimi Sheraton. Posted for ZWT 6. Variations: -Fish can also be fried in hot corn oil or vegetable shortening. If you decide to do so, pour excess fat out of pan and add 2 tablespoons fresh butter to the skillet when you start to prepare sauce. -Breadcrumbs can be substituted with an equal amount of grated Parmesan cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate the cleaned, washed perch in a mixture of lemon juice and grated onion for 1 hour.
- 2Pat dry, brush on both sides with oil and dredge lightly in breadcrumbs. (You may prepare either whole fish or fillets this way.).
- 3Heat butter in a skillet and when hot enough for bubbling to subside, add fish.
- 4Fry quickly, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- 5Place on a heated platter.
- 6Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet and when hot and bubbling, add minced scallions or chives.
- 7Saute a minute or two, then add lemon juice, salt and pepper and parsley. Let come to a boil and spoon over fish.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Perch (Deutscher Barsch)
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 230.0 mg
- Sodium 276.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 45.6 g