Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I didn't see any recipes like this on Zaar, and this was my favorite breakfast as a kid & is my kids' favorite now. It's SO super easy and beautiful when it cooks! It is made with basic ingredients that we usually have on hand.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the eggs with the flour.
- Add milk slowly to eggs and flour mixture, mixing well with each addition.
- When the oven is up to temp, put the butter in a pie plate and place in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until melted.
- Remove hot pie plate from the oven, turn pie plate making sure butter covers the sides.
- Add batter to pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or so or until golden brown around the edges
- Serve wit butter and powdered sugar (and some people like it with lemon juice).
- Optional – Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- For my family of 5, I make 4 or 5 German Pancakes (we have 3 boys who will eat a lot!).
I used half the butter and topped with about 1T seedless red raspberry jam. It was SO easy and looks so elegant. We'll be having this often! Also, instead of using a pie dish, I used a cast iron skillet. I melted the butter in it on the stovetop, then poured in the batter and placed in the oven.
I love this recipe. We made it when I was little. I tried to get my mom to find hers, but she couldn't, so thanks for posting this one.